Saturday, March 7, 2009

One of the best investments...


There's nothing better than taking pictures of jewelry outside, however, when you live in New England you can't do that all year long. Don't get me wrong, could there be cool pictures taken using props like icicles and snow mounds? Sure, I suppose. But I'm not one of the fastest set up people so I would be out there way longer than I would truly want to be. One of the best items I've invested in was this light box. I had made a few of my own from white foam board to the milk bottle and they did serve their purpose so I'm not saying everyone should go out and buy one of these. I will say that when my sister-in- law let me borrow hers, I was immediately spoiled and bought myself one. I bought mine at Circuit City before they went out of business but I believe they also sell them at office max and tons of places on-line. It folds up into itself and has pockets on the outside for the two halogen lights that come with it. There are two different background colors to choose from and it's extremely easy to use. If you have the space, it's best to leave it up all the time. If it's jewelry you make, you can have the piece finished photographed and posted on whatever website in a snap.
I am looking forward to spring and getting out there with the foliage, flowers and grass, however, until then I'll be happy using my sunpak!

No comments:

Post a Comment